Now that I am finished writing my book (yay!), I have more time to concentrate on blogging. I figured this would be the perfect time to let you into my world a little more. I want you to know that I am more than just my syndrome, and the proof is below.
Let’s play 21 questions…OK, more like 100 questions. Here are the first 25!
- Who is your hero? I’ve never had a single hero or idol. Instead I choose to emulate specific values I admire from those closest to me. Although, I do believe there are heroes and they serve in the US Armed Forces.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Vail, Colorado…without question. It is my safe haven, my happy place, my utopia. In my dreams, I live there in the winter with my husky, Vladimir (I don’t currently have any pets), and spend my days photographing landscapes and my nights writing more books. Yep. My dream life.
- What is your biggest fear? I’m afraid of far too many things, but perhaps my biggest fear is living a stagnant life. I know I’m meant to do so much more in this life than just simply exist. I’d say either that or being left behind. As an only child, I’ll someday be alone in this world and I just don’t want to be forgotten over holidays while all my friends celebrate with their families.
- What is your favorite family vacation? All of our ski trips. I may be a Florida girl, but I have a mountain soul.
- What would you change about yourself if you could? My stupid mouth. Sometimes I speak before thinking and it always comes out sounding dumb. I’m not witty…I’ll never be witty. That’s why I love writing so much. I feel I have more control over my voice.
- What really makes you angry? Ignorance and intolerance, and watching how those deplorable traits are passed down from generation to generation.
- What motivates you to work hard? I don’t need to be motivated to do that. Hard is the only way I know how to work. You can thank my parents and gymnastics coaches for that.
- What is your favorite type of music? Country
- Do you have a favorite band/artist? Favorite song? Band: Sister Hazel; Artist: Ron Pope (yes, I realize neither of them are country.) Song: A Drop in the Ocean (Ron Pope)
- What is your proudest accomplishment? Beating Caroline Yates in a relay race when I was in first grade. She was the fastest girl in school and a year older than me. Some victories never fade. I bet she doesn’t even remember that.
- What is your favorite movie? Because I Said So – I own it yet still watch it whenever it’s on TV.
- What is your favorite book to read? It took an immense amount of concentration to read, but Ghost Soldiers by Hampton Sides was my favorite.
- What makes you laugh the most? Spending time with my cousins, Marina and Melina, and my best friend, Lisa. We’re all crazy and have way too many inside jokes.
- What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding 2 – loved it because I was with Lisa. The whole night was epic. You had to be there…
- What did you want to be when you were small? Taller? Um, a rock star, a teacher, a doctor…probably the same thing every kid wants to be. I turned out to be none of those by the way.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Brett Eldredge (musician) and Kevin Kiermaier (baseball player)
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Lie on the couch and binge watch Netflix. I love lazy days. Were you hoping for something more exciting? OK – I would spend the day in New England in the Fall, doing all sorts of fall-ish activities. Hiking, apple picking, pumpkin carving, fall festivals…you name it.
- What is your favorite sport to watch? Baseball, baseball, BASEBALL!!! (Go Rays!)
- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? Ride a bike. I like being active (despite my ideal Netflix binge watching day).
- What would you sing at Karaoke night? Trust me when I say you don’t want me to sing anything at Karaoke night. I’ll sit back and sip my water while y’all take the stage.
- What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? I listen to Sirius all the time…my top two stations are The Highway (Country) and The Pulse
- Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Vacuum the house – I have a Rumba (named Wanda) so all I’d have to do it push a button and go back to having fun. =)
- If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? That’s a tough one! I hate cleaning AND cooking (and I don’t have a yard). I would probably say cooking so that way I could actually stay on track with eating healthy meals. I love eating healthy but I hate spending the time making the meals. Don’t get me wrong, my parents can attest that I also hate cleaning. It really is a toss up. Can’t I have both?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? A burger, fries, and ice cream. The all-American meal.
- Who is your favorite author? Nicholas Sparks…I don’t have to think when reading his stories. I will say that none of his books would fall onto the list of favorites though. They are all very similar and I often times forget which ones I’ve already read.
Until next time, friends!